Many of our local music scenes are now open and unmasked. These include the Brock Music circle, St Clements Church in North Vancouver, and events at the ANZA Club. It is to be hoped that the people who make policy at Music off Main and the VFSS will realize that more and more folks have had enough already. This is a tough job but I think they are up to it.
I have occasionally express wonderment at the reasons the Covid panic. Here are some ideas from experts I respect.
Robert Malone’s thoughts on the pandemic. https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/rewriting-history-just-another-day
You may wonder what “Brain Respiration” has to do with the Covid doom but this article by my favorite statistician shows the tenuous connection between belief and evidence in a well designed well controlled experiment.
The idiocracy has attacked Dr. Bonnie Henry for remarks about hand washing. Hand washing has a long and respectable track record unlike masks and Dr. Henry has been the voice of reason in British Columbia these past years. While I sometimes think she has gone too far with the restrictions she has the expertise and the responsibility for the public health. I continue to respect and support her efforts.
Freedom Convoy 2022
- A statement from the Truckers
- Robert Malone — Letter to Canadian Truckers
- Annotated lyrics to Convoy2022
- A good American summary
- Update on Trudeau’s interest in Vaccines
- Debate in the House of Commons — Hansard 33
The Covid 19 Disaster an optimistic analysis
- Where I find the data – 5 minute Data Analysis
- How I look at data – Data Models
- Comparison to Asian Flu 1957 – Briggs
- All About Masks
- The CDC “study” on Masks — a fine example of “cherry picking”
- A Harvard “Study” on Masks — make it up as you go
- World Health Study on Masks — Non-pharmaceutical public health measures for mitigating the risk and impact of epidemic and pandemic influenza. The original studies from 2019, a meta analysis of a number of random controlled trials.
When I appear at public functions I respect the rules. If I can’t bear the rules, I leave. I try not to attend events that require masks. It’s hard to breath thru a mask and even more difficult to sing. Zoom will have to do.
Vaccinations appear to have some value for geezers such as me. I have an up to date BC passport. That means I can join the family in a restaurant and the folks from Brock House in their tent.
These are the issues of the day. The are close to home. They affect my life.