Prominent Neocon journalist Anne Applebaum had spent years on the Editorial Board of the Washington Post and her husband is Radek Sikorski, Poland’s former Foreign and Defense Minister and someone with the strongest possible ties to the America’s political and national security establishment. Twitter allows individuals to casually blurt out statements that they may later regret, and the day after the pipeline explosions he issued a series of Tweets celebrating the attacks, including one showing a photo of the resulting destruction with the telling caption “Thank You, USA.” That last Tweet soon went super-viral with some 13,500 Retweets and 44,200 Likes, leading him to quickly delete it.https://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-of-pipelines-and-plagues/
Ukraine May 1, 2022
This war is going into its third month and to some it is a conflict rather larger than just a “Special Operation” in the Ukraine. Our friend John Wade has created a marvelous rant about Poppa Putin that we enhanced with images that reflect his thoughts. This has already become the second most viewed video on the website.
I am not convinced. There are a number of American citizens and green card holders who see good reasons for Putin’s recent actions.
Russia and America are at war. So far just a proxy war but this could change. I believe the Americans have been told that they will be ultimately responsible for any escalation outside of the boundaries of the Ukraine. By that I mean they will not be protected by the moat of the Atlantic Ocean as they have been in past wars. This is making some people in the US military cautious. The economic war started with sanctions and has developed some nasty blowback. We already have higher prices. Keep some food supplies on hand. Europe is going to pay for critical Russian exports in rubles or starve in the winter. The Americans have given everyone with a stake in their economy sufficient reason to, at a minimum, diversify. Gold? Bitcoin? Yuan? Roubles?
So far the Americans are winning the Information war, in the west, but only about half of the world’s population has bought in to attacking the Russian economy. According to sources familiar with Russian military strategy the invasion is going very much according to plan. Scott Ritter has an excellent, widely quoted, summary of progress to date.
The main concern that I have, as a Canadian, is that we live too close to the US border and we rely too much on food supplies from California. Should things get nasty down south we might start wishing we had a wall.
So if you think we might already be in the midst of WWIII here is short list of current sources:
- Larry C Johnson is a veteran of the CIA and the State Department’s Office of Counter Terrorism. He is the founder and managing partner of BERG Associates, which was established in 1998. Larry provided training to the US Military’s Special Operations community for 24 years. He has been vilified by the right and the left, which means he must be doing something right.
- James G. Rickards is an American lawyer, economist, investment banker, speaker, media commentator, and author on matters of finance and precious metals. He is the author of Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis and six other books. He lives in New Hampshire. His thoughts are here.
- Douglas Macgregor, Colonel U.S. Army (Retired), Ph.D. Douglas Macgregor is a decorated combat veteran, the author of five books, a PhD, and a defense and foreign policy consultant. He was commissioned in the Regular Army in 1976 after 1 year at VMI and 4 years at West Point. In 2004, Macgregor retired with the rank of Colonel. He holds an MA in comparative politics and a PhD in international relations from the University of Virginia. Here is his blog.
- Dr. Fredrick Kagin — for the sake of a complete picture have a look at the Institute for the Study of War. This is a think tank that is often cited as authoritative by the MSM. Compare their projections with those of the folks above and see who is right so far. HIs interview with Dr. Jordan Peterson just as the war began is here.
I continue to follow Russian media in the full knowledge that they may be no more reliable than Fox News and CBC. From what I can see of video that has been published the Ukraine side is not doing well and the Russians appear to have shrugged off sanctions that amount to total economic war. We can only hope that the warfare remains economic and conventional.
- Too bad we can’t meet in person. I’m always open to suggestions.
- I don’t wear a mask except as legally required. I avoid venues where this is the case.
- Sing what you like. Be careful everything is recorded. Anyone who would like to make their own recording just ask and I’ll be happy to show you how it’s done.
For those with an interest in current events, here are a few thoughts.
This episode was recorded on February 19th, 2022. Rex Murphy joins Dr. Jordan Peterson to discuss the most recent actions of Trudeau’s Government, including the arresting of protestors, the freezing of the bank accounts of Canadians suspected of participating in the protests, and the long-term consequences of these extreme measures. Rex is a Canadian commentator and author who deals primarily with Canadian political and social matters. He is best known for working on and for CBC Here and Now, CBC Radio 1’s Cross Country Checkup, writing for The Globe and Mail, and writing for The National Post.
“All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing” — Edmund Burke
I’ve done enough for a while unless I add a verse or two to some songs that I wrote.