The links above lead to the video because I can’t make the music category apply to a page.
I had to hack this a bit to cover for my screw up near the beginning — I mean my video work not John’s playing.
Here is a very old blues.
This has an extra sound track that good observers should already notice. I’m still working on the video edits so the final transition is pretty rough.
In 2014 the Documentary Movie Citizen Four won an Oscar for best documentary.
In January 2013,documentary film maker Laura Poitras started receiving anonymous encrypted e-mails from “CITIZENFOUR,” who claimed to have evidence of illegal surveillance programs run by the NSA. Five months later, she and reporter Glenn Grenwald flew to Hong Kong to meet the man who turned out to be Edward Snowden.
The STAZI were the East German Secret Police.
The Intercept is an online news publication dedicated to “adversarial journalism”.
The Amnesic Incognito Live System,TAILS, is a secure version of LINUX that along with TOR and PGP can enable private secure communication.
References to an hundred million in the song are vastly understated but I couldn’t make realistic numbers scan or rhyme.
The video edit on this clip is pretty good. I suspect they are using ProTools which is pretty expensive and they are pros.
We can achieve the same effect as follows:
- Create a click track on an mp3 file. Sound recorder and a metronome will serve.
- Each musician records the song using whatever they have to create an mp4. A smart phone on a tripod works pretty well. Count the start in 1 2 3 4 to sync the tracks. We cut this out of the final production.
- We pick the most likely version and each listen to it while re-recording our own part.
- The tracks are mixed into a video using LightWorks or ShotCut.
- We could post the individual .mp4s on YouTube so we don’t need to email huge video files.
Here is a new song from Gary.