Doors open 7:00 pm Party starts at 7:30 pm
- Chromatic Scales
- Diatonic Scales
- Right Hand Patterns and Strums — John Wade
- Froggy Went a Courtin
- These sessions are recorded
- Please Leave a Comment on this page either before or after the session.
- more X — less Y how about ??
- You are on mute. You can play along
- Got a Question? Wave or send a chat
- Program at VFSS.CA/BLOG — has all the reference material
- The main room will continue the technical aspects of picking in parallel with the breakout sessions. Interested pickers pls return to the main room.
- Introduction 7:30 — 8:00 pm
- Why do this.?
- Improve by playing with others
- choose a goal, make a plan, practice daily — record and keep recordings
- tuner metronome capo and your book
- players — learners — listeners
- Playing by Ear — what is a lead sheet ?
- 6 ways to Froggy
- A D E – doom phwap
- 12 Bar Blues – Froggy
- Guest Interview — John Wade — 8:00 pm
- Please download the Reference material and bring a capo and a thumb pick.
- Audience round — break out? 8:30 — 9:30
- 12 Bar blues — beginner scales ?
- John and Charles are in the main hall if you leave the room
One thought on “Pickers Circle Sept 30, 2020”
I attended the Sept 30th Zoom meeting, Picker’s Circle. I appreciated there was three or four pages we had to download and read before attending. I looked at these, and felt more confident about attending. I found it very helpful. both Charles and John Wade are good teachers, and both are patient. The other three guys (or was it four?) left the meeting after an hour and 15 minutes, so I found myself alone with Charles and John. They asked me to play something I was working on. they both gave helpful suggestions. they encouraged me to keep practicing, to go slower, and to break a song into pieces, and master each piece more surely. Thank-you.